Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Heir to the Sun



Heir to the Sun by Jennifer Allis Provost
  • Paperback: 270 pages
  • Publisher: Fantastic Books (August 9, 2011)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 1617204129
  • ISBN-13: 978-1617204128
The Faerie King has entered into a pact with the demon lord, trading his people's freedom for the might to conquer the nine realms. Two unlikely allies are determined to stop him: Asherah, enslaved by demons, and Caol'nir, a warrior sworn to defend the king. 

When Asherah, stripped of both her memory and her dignity, learns that King Sahlgren is responsible for her captivity, she leads her fellow slaves in a daring escape and burns their prison to the ground. Then she learns that there are many more prisons across Parthalan, and embarks upon a campaign to free every last faerie. 

In stark contrast to Asherah's struggles, Caol'nir lives the comfortable life of a temple guard. He is sworn to serve and defend the king, as his ancestors have done since time immemorial. Now a priestess has been murdered, and Caol'nir learns that Sahlgren's scheming is to blame. Determined to thwart the king, sacred oath or no, Caol'nir joins Asherah's rebellion. What Caol'nir doesn't know is that Sahlgren has promised the demon lord a woman of rare and singular beauty, a woman who is rumored to be the sun god's daughter. She also happens to be Caol'nir's mate.

I kind of felt guilty, since I have read this book last a while ago, and yet I only have the time to post my review now.. But then I hope, I could still help you readers to like this book the way I did..

First and foremost, I love the cover, but I think it would be a lot better with something showing off faeries, warriors, or something that truly depicts fantasy…

Heir to the sun is really a good epic fantasy.. the strong characters are there, the complicated and engaging plot, unique storyline, and every little bit of one’s imagination.

This book is set in a unique world with rich description. The entire plot is fantastic and original, it always get me by surprise when something happens which I totally didn’t thought would happen..:D Ms. Provost’s writing is especially exceptional, I love her words and how it appealed to me deeply, such great lines…

I find myself totally engaged with the characters’ relationships with each other. There's Caol'nir and Alluria with their forbidden love. And Asherah and Lormac-a powerful king that loves Asherah more than anything.

Although this is a genre of fantasy, I really did find myself wishing I could experience the magical world the characters are into. With the author’s vivid presentations and characters, it’s really easy to lose yourself into their world.

This book is the sequel to Rise of the Deva’shi, but like me you could read this as a stand-alone, the story is easy to grasp, and I think it’s a good thing that the author goes back to Asherah’s past, it gives us glimpses of her how and why.

Full of demons, fae, warriors, kings, elves, trolls, gods, action, romance, Heir to the sun is a though-provoking and soul/emotion-engaging epic fantasy book… Very highly recommended!




View all my reviews

2 comments:

  1. Thank you, Abby! I'm glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ms. Jennifer...You're welcome, It's such a treat to read your book..:)

      Delete

Your comments are very much appreciated!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Listia

Auctions for free stuff at Listia.com